Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The 2010 Black Weblog Awards

Usually I don't pay any mind to awards. However, I gotta acknowledge when someone I know wins one in a domain I personally know to be difficult to navigate, like running a consistent blog over months and years. Even if the award winner is a person I just "cyber-know" as is the case here, someone I've been reading since the hoary old listserv days when text was king and people needed you to copy/paste Web page contents for them because they only had e-mail, and weren't quite sure about that browser stuff.

In other words, from before there were blogs.


And the winner of the Aaron Hawkins Award is…

Earl Dunovant!

Earl Dunovant is a web developer and political activist who has blogged at Prometheus 6 since January 2004. Dunovant is also a member of the Media Bloggers Association, has attended presidential debates as a credentialed blogger, and has been featured on NPR as part of News and Notes‘ Bloggers Roundtable.

2 comments:

SouthernGirl2 said...

Hello Professor,

Just dropped by to say hi. Are things going well for you & your students this fall? Hope so.

Things are not going well for me. I hate one of my classes. I absolutely hate it & it's too late to change or add a class. It's going to be a long semester.


Have a good one!

ProfGeo said...

Justice58, I'm seeing a lot of good news but several individuals are in the same fix you are. I hope your class at least meets a graduation requirement if you're going to suffer for a whole semester. If it doesn't, best to find one concept or topic in there that may be worthwhile and cling to that-- maybe become an expert at it just to stay motivated. In other words try not to let hating a class ruin your GPA.